|Version 2 (modified by markjschreiber, 9 years ago)|
Open Bio* workgroup
I would like to overview about the current supports and implementations of web services in every Open Bio* libraries (BioPerl, BioPython, BioRuby and BioJava) and hope to discuss about:
- What can be done with the Open Bio* projects to support interoperability?
- Is it worth trying to mapping BioMOBY data objects (BioMOBY triplets) to Bio* library specific data strucuture?
- Why not use complexType in SOAP to automate object creation?
- Could a webservice be defined to allow Bio* interoperability. This would require a common exchange format. Possibly one of the XML formats used by NCBI or EBI. Could a webservice backed by BioSQL provide and persist objects in this format?
- What part should be done in the web service provider's side and what part left should be treated with Open Bio* libraries?
- Format exchange, job management, sequence manipulation ...
- What fraction of the bioinfomatics field is covered by current Open Bio* library and of which what fraction is covered with web services?