|Version 13 (modified by akinjo, 6 years ago)|
Description of services
- data retrieve
- sequence search and analysis
- derived DBs
- other DBs
first concentrate on sequence + alignment
a given structure with unknown function -> BLAST at DDBJ / KEGG -> no homologs then -> struct-navi
- accession number -> fasta
- PDB ID <-> KEGG GENES ID get_linkdb_between_databases(string:from_db, string:to_db, int:offset, int:limit)
- PDB ID <-> DDDBJ ID
functional (or structural) annotation of a protein sequence.
let hits = BLAST_DDBJ(fasta) if func_known(hits) then
let new_hits = BLAST_PDBj(fasta)
if exists(new_hits) then
foreach hit in new_hits do
let shits = struct_navi(hit)
if exists(shits) then
SOAP vs. REST
- SOAP isn't good at huge data (big XML file)?
- REST requires more coding on the client side. User must handle output data (XML or flat text...)
- REST cannot do complicated stuffs?
- No language supports the full SOAP spec.
- Only a few languages have SOAP libraries.