|Version 1 (modified by anonymous, 9 years ago)|
Service provider workgroup
Here, we gather the major web service providers including BioMOBY projects and EBI, NCBI, and Japanese providers such as DDBJ, KEGG, PDBj, and CBRC.
- Discuss current problems existing in each services:
- Language dependencies
- Naming conventions
- Returned data type
- Returned data size
- Job managements
- WSDL syntax violations
- Sync and async
- MIME attachments
- Not implemented yet
- How to integrate non-MOBY web service providers?
- What kind of effort is needed to compromise with BioMOBY framework?
- How to improve interoperability among the services?
- Do you need proxy server to translate objects among services?
- Object identity matching problem (LSID, BioMOBY)