|Version 6 (modified by akinjo, 9 years ago)|
Service provider Workgroup
Here, we gather the major web service providers including BioMOBY projects and Japanese providers such as DDBJ, KEGG, PDBj, CBRC and other foreign providers like EBI and NCBI.
- Discuss current problems existing in each services:
- Language dependencies
- Naming conventions
- Returned data type
- Returned data size
- Job managements
- WSDL syntax violations
- Sync and async
- MIME attachments
- Not implemented yet
- How to integrate non-MOBY web service providers?
- What kind of effort is needed to compromise with BioMOBY framework?
- How to improve interoperability among the services?
- Do you need proxy server to translate objects among services?
- Object identity matching problem (LSID, BioMOBY)
- How to treat the needs for the REST services?
- Here's PDBj's REST API (prototype): http://doc.pdbj.org/help.cgi?REST%20API
- EBI's REST API http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/tutorials/rest